The holidays can be a lot of fun but they can also be quite stressful. Many of the problems we encounter are because of handling stress poorly; this results in postural changes which result in a structural shift in the spine.
1. Structural problems in the spine arise because of failure to adapt to lifestyle stress. Lifestyle stress can be mental physical or chemical. Which of these three has the biggest impact on your health?
2. What is an example of a mental stress that is higher around the holiday season?
3. What are symptoms of increased mental stress?
4. During the holiday season there are many opportunities for unexpected situations to arise, which can lead to anxiety. What are some successful proactive strategies to limit stressful situations?
2. Financial problems, traveling, family drama
3. Compulsive eating, alcohol consumption, poor or irregular sleeping habits, increased blood pressure and heart rate, anxiety, decreased libido, fatigue, and poor focus are just come of the symptoms caused by mental stress.
4. Financial planning, making purchases over time not all at once, get a healthy amount of sleep, eat holiday food only on the actual day not throughout the whole season, limit alcohol consumption and always have a designated driver, take time for yourself and friends to help decompress. Don’t isolate yourself or only spend time with people you’re not fond of. Find a hobby and make time to talk to someone.